Welcome to the IABC/Louisville Job Bank! This area was constructed to help connect IABC members and Web site users with new employment opportunities. Use the links below to guide you as you begin your job search. Employers and recruiters: Post your own opportunity.
Coordinates communications plans and strategies working with the Director of Communications and other members of the agency Senior Leadership Team. Works closely with the Mayor’s Communications Office and community partners.
Write, prepares and edits agency communications across multiple platforms, including newsletters, social media, press releases, website content and video. Helps coordinate design and production of graphics, art, copy layouts and video. Tracks projects and vendor billing.
Assists in budget preparation and monitors and controls expenditures
Coordinates with the director, supervisors and managers to develop communications related to agency programs, services and events
Presents, organizes and disseminates information to the media and public concerning agency activities and operations, and coordinates mass mailings
Composes, edits and proofs printed materials, website text and graphic content and coordinates deadlines and print schedules
Coordinates the marketing, promotion and advertising of programs and events to support the agency’s strategic plan
Coordinates with printers and photographers to discuss printing, photographs, artwork, graphic needs, and provides technical assistance
Coordinates program agendas, meeting and workshop locations, schedules speakers and guests; and attends meetings and events to provide information and answer questions concerning agency programs, operations and services
Researches, compiles and analyzes information, conducts special projects, maintains database records and prepares and submits reports
Designs artwork for publications, presentations, program announcements, posters, brochures, and annual reports
Bachelor’s degree in Communications, Education, English, Journalism, Marketing, Public Relations or related field
Four years of community or public relations, marketing, advertising
Proven ability to use social media effectively for marketing and community engagement.
Fluent in all forms of digital engagement including social media, writing for the web and producing and uploading web content. Strong writing skills.
Contact Name: Phil Miller
Sponsorship Sales Manager
• A member of the Derby Festival Sponsorship Sales Team that is responsible for implementing all aspects of the sponsorship program at KDF with the primary task of sponsorship sales.
• Develops, manages and maintains a list of Derby Festival sponsorship accounts as assigned by the Director of Sponsorship Sales.
• Schedules and conducts sales appointments.
• Develops new corporate relationships and cultivates existing ones in order to obtain sales goals with primary emphasis on available Event sponsorships, Official Product sponsors, Pegasus Pin sponsors and Sampling/Display sponsors.
• Works with other Sales Team members in a coordinated effort to sell and facilitate the sale of hospitality sponsorships for Thunder Over Louisville, KDF Package Program sponsorships, parade entries, balloon race entries, & promotional partnerships garnering revenue for KDF.
• Conducts sponsor follow• up meetings and account servicing duties for both assigned existing accounts and new Festival sponsorships.
• Writes and prepares sponsorship proposals.
• Presents sponsorship proposals to renewal clients and potential new sponsors.
• Coordinates with Director of Sponsorship Sales on matters concerning budgets, sales expenses, overall Festival objectives, etc.
• Responsible for meeting sponsorship sales goals as assigned.
• Drafts sponsorship contracts with the assistance of KDF staff and legal counsel (if necessary).
• Works closely with other KDF Staff and Departments as necessary to implement overall Derby Festival Marketing/Sponsorship programs.
• Facilitates and coordinates sponsor promotional plans as necessary.
• Attends and is working Staff at Derby Festival events and functions.
• Any assignments as designated by the President and C.E.O. and/or the Director of Sponsorship Sales.
Required education: Bachelor’s degree
Required experience: 3 years
Contact Name: April Zik
How should interested candidates apply?
Send resumes and cover letters • Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Mail: April Zik, 1001 South Third Street, Louisville, KY 40203
The Kentucky Derby Museum opened in April 1985 as a 501(c)3. We are dedicated to expanding public awareness, appreciation and understanding of the evolution and meaning of the Kentucky Derby and we accomplished this by conducting education programs, developing exhibitions, providing three unique tours to the visitors, operating a robust retail division and selecting, collecting, preserving, and exhibiting materials relevant to the Derby, Churchill Downs, Triple Crown races and Thoroughbred racing.
Summary: To create, enhance and execute communication initiatives. To gain earned media exposure and support promotions and marketing initiatives. To assist with the community relations initiatives in Louisville/Southern Indiana region and in the Thoroughbred industry. To oversee and execute website and social media communication channels to maximize audience engagement.
• Oversees the creation and manages the web initiatives
• Works with the Graphics Designer whose responsibilities include Museum web operations.
• Create strategy and programming for digital media and video clips for online community
• Primary Media spokesperson representing the Museum.
• Print and Electronic Media
• Set up monitoring program for publicity and report quarterly.
• Keep current all media lists.
• Further develop the thoroughbred industry media contacts.
• Coordinates all press conferences and announcements
• Manage overall public relations activities.
• Proactively establish and maintain effective working relationships with media representatives in all genres.
• Facilitates the dissemination of information and responds to media outlets and the general public in response to requests or as part of targeted promotions.
• Write effective press releases, compile and prepare comprehensive information about the museum for media — local, regional and national.
• Integrate PR initiatives into marketing programs to assist in driving awareness, action and revenue.
• Coordinate appropriate staff for interviews and appearances.
• Arrange interviews, draft speeches, media talking points and other external presentations as needed.
• Further develop the thoroughbred industry media contacts.
• Develop and assist in execution of PR strategies, campaigns, and initiatives to improve public perception of the museum. Including specific exhibits, events, promotions and projects.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with media representatives.
• Respond to information queries from media and the general public, when necessary.
• Maintain company PR, photo, video and print archives, track and report PR initiatives.
• Create and manage speaker’s bureau.
• Manages and executes the overall social media strategy to maximize reach and engagement with desired audiences.
• Thorough working knowledge of current trends in social media marketing and public relations.
• Track and report social media initiatives and results. Develop recommendations based on results.
• Prepare content for newsletters, company literature and other company communications.
• Develop content for use in social media channels.
• Develop content for use on internet web pages and assists the President with the effective implementation of the Museum’s brand strategic plan
• Assists the Director of Marketing with the development and execution of the overall Museum marketing plan in order to create effective and cohesive communications tools and strategy.
• Assists in the development of the marketing, advertising & promotional strategies.
• Education and/or Experience: Four-year college degree in Communications and 4 (four) or more years of work experience in the communication field. Six years of work experience in the field is acceptable.
• Language Skills: Excellent writing skills. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers, employees, media, etc.
• Project management – completes projects on time and budget.
• Interpersonal Skills – ability to communicate effectively with other staff, vendors and clients.
• Oral Communication – speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and get clarifications; responds well to questions.
• Written Communication – Writes clearly and informatively; able to read and interpret written information.
• Teamwork – gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed.
• Must have a valid driver’s license.
How should interested candidates apply?
Email letter of interest, writing samples and resume to Patrick Armstrong, email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Contact Name: Patrick Armstrong
For more information, click here.
Jefferson National Financial is a growing, dynamic financial services company headquartered in Louisville, KY that has successfully established itself as a differentiated product and service provider. JNF is a $4B company that has established relationships with RIAs and fee-based advisors nationwide and are poised for dramatic growth. JNF boasts a unique, award-winning marketing and technology platform and a strong, seasoned management team that has successfully built multiple public and private companies. Jefferson National is currently seeking a Marketing Manager to join our growing team in Louisville, KY.
The Marketing Manager supports Jefferson National’s internal and external marketing efforts by managing sales collateral, advertising deliverables, partner relationships, trade show logistics and e-marketing.
This person will work with key internal and external business partners to develop marketing plans that drive awareness and usage of Monument Advisor. The Marketing Manager will manage online and traditional marketing programs including deployment of marketing campaigns, creative elements and content management through internal cross-functional teams and external vendors. This person will be responsible for managing agency relationships to get tasks completed. The Marketing Manager will have a fundamental role in companywide conference and trade show exposure. This is an outstanding career opportunity for an energetic, self-motivated individual.
Contact Name: Justin S. Cole