Welcome to the IABC/Louisville Job Bank! This area was constructed to help connect IABC members and Web site users with new employment opportunities. Use the links below to guide you as you begin your job search. Employers and recruiters: Post your own opportunity.
Integrated Communications Intern
Two positions open for Summer 2016 Integrated Communications Interns.
The integrated communications interns will support the strategic and digital communications verticals within Vimarc, working directly with communications professionals at all levels. The selected candidates will assist in providing counsel and services to global corporations, smaller public and private companies, non-profits, associations,, and high-profile individuals.
The ideal candidate aspires to pursue a career in communications, journalism, public relations, marketing, or public affairs, and possesses the following core qualities.
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR:
• Demonstrated ability to drive work forward while prioritizing and effectively managing multiple initiatives under strict deadlines.
• A creative and analytical mind with the ability to think strategically and see the overall picture, even when working on just a portion of it.
• Technical appetite and competence. Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Ability to independently organize and perform research—and to develop an organized system for research maintenance.
• Strong oral and written communication skills, particularly under deadline pressure.
• Able to build relationships with people at all levels of the organization and across cultures.
• Able to work independently and achieve results.
• High School Diploma, some college preferred
To apply, please email your resume to email@example.com.
Contact Names: Todd Krise and Abigail Page
Company: Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance Company
The Communications Specialist is responsible for developing, managing and distributing a variety of informative content that effectively describes and promotes the business, values and preferences of KFB Insurance to its target audiences. A successful candidate will demonstrate a proven ability to research, write, graphically enhance and post or distribute corporate messaging that promotes the company’s products, services and strategic initiatives. The Communications Specialist will report to the Director of Communications and work with other key leadership and cross-functional teams to prepare and promote the core business of KFB Insurance.
• Promote the goals, objectives and overall mission of Kentucky Farm Bureau Insurance.
• Effectively communicate news and information while clearly reinforcing corporate objectives, mission, values and strategic direction.
• Manage multiple communications projects simultaneously with accuracy and efficiency.
• Demonstrate sound planning and organizational skills to develop communications goals, establish priorities and define measurements of success.
Internal and External Communication Development:
• Serve as the primary copywriter for the company.
• Research and write persuasive, creative and effective copy for (but not limited to): publications, collateral materials, companywide announcements, presentations, website, intranet, social media platforms and more.
• Assist with the writing and editing of documents, speeches and presentations for senior executives.
• Edit or rewrite existing copy from subject matter experts and usher the finished product through designated approval processes.
• Review, research, write, design and post website content for KFB Insurance on kyfb.com.
• Serve on a cross-functional team of subject matter experts to guide, update and grow insurance content on kyfb.com.
• Develop and maintain an editorial calendar of content for website and social media use, then write, post and monitor content that defines, serves as and supports the company’s strategic “voice” to its online audience.
• Implement social media advertising campaigns to enhance member engagement and amplify the overall reach and effectiveness of KFB Insurance messaging.
• Assist with the development of strategic communication plans for the various business areas of the company as new initiatives arise, ensuring those efforts align with and actively advance the overall priorities of the company.
• Partner with the KFB Insurance Human Resources staff to craft and disseminate strategic internal communications. Work in cooperation with the KFB Federation Communication
• Department staff to maximize both organizations’ use of social media, videos, photography, publications, website, mobile applications and other relevant content and resources.
• Adhere to, protect and advance the KFB Insurance brand in all communication efforts.
• Provide guidance and resources to KFB Insurance agents and agency managers launching into or seeking to improve their social media presence.
• Support other Communications Department needs and initiatives as required.
• Regular, predictable attendance.
• This list of essential functions is not inclusive and may be supplemented as necessary.
• Prioritize and manage approval processes to ensure timely communication review and delivery.
• Edit documents written by others.
• Organize and maintain digital archive of communication materials developed by department.
• Participate in interdepartmental project meetings to provide communications analysis and support.
• Provide creative input for problem-solving opportunities.
• Monitor trends in digital content tools, techniques and technology, and then appropriately apply that knowledge to build and enhance the digital content strategy.
• Educate the KFB leadership team and others across the company on ways to incorporate digital content into the company culture, products and services.
• Regularly report work and project progress to Director of Communications, including kyfb.com website statistics and trends, as well as social media audience size and engagement.
• Physical demands: Normal vision/hearing with or without correction; Reading; Speaking
• Mental demands: Analytical reasoning; Prolonged concentration; Critical thinking; Ability to perform under stress; Influence management; Conflict resolution.
• Environmental factors: Standard office lighting, temperature and noise.
• Equipment: Keyboard; Telephone; Audio/visual equipment; Personal computer.
• Bachelor’s degree in communication, marketing, English, journalism or a related field, or equivalent experience.
• Professional with a minimum of 3-5 years relevant communications experience.
• Excellent writing and editing skills; ability to translate complex information into clear, strong and compelling messages.
• Superior spelling, grammar and punctuation skills.
• Highly motivated individual who will take the initiative to solve problems, assume responsibility and meet deadlines.
• Strong interpersonal skills and a desire to contribute to a collaborative work environment that stretches across all levels of the organization.
How should interested candidates apply?
Interested candidates must complete a career profile online and submit resumes through the KFB Career webpage. Link is below.
Contact Name: Dan Smaldone